The medical branch of Neurosurgery deals with the diagnosis and cure of the abnormalities of the nervous system that is composed of brain, and the spinal cord. The causes of neurological disorders are quite diverse including sedentary lifestyle issues, genetics, malnutrition, injuries or environmental influences.
While back pain is generally cured by conservative treatments, in some cases, it is merely one of the symptom of something very acute and deep. If a back pain causes a patient numbness or muscle weakness, it might be due to failure at nerve root and for this neurosurgery is the only option.
Neurosurgery in India is undoubtedly considered amongst the best in the world courtesy top-rated neurosurgeons, which are trained at the best medical colleges with many years of experience in handling various kinds of nervous system disorders. Given the complexity and specialized structure of human nervous system, choosing the best and widely experienced neurosurgeon is crucial to have successful neurosurgical treatment with minimum complications and much less stress for the patient and the family.
Neurosurgery basically deals with issues of Acute and chronic pain, Artery blockages in the neck, and brain, Back pain, Brain aneurysms, Brain hemorrhage, Brain tumors, Carotid Artery Disease, Carpal tunnel syndrome, Epilepsy, Erniated spinal discs, Head injuries, Hydrocephalus, Neck pain, Pain caused by cancer, Parkinson’s disease, Spinal cord injuries, Spinal fractures, Spinal stenosis, Spine arthritis, Stroke, and Tremors etc.
Various neurosurgical procedures
- Microdiscectomy: It is performed to treat patients suffering a painful herniated discs in the lumbar region.
- Craniotomy is used in many cases like blood vessel disease surgeries, brain tumor removal, epilepsy surgeries, and removal of traumatic hematomas.
- Laminectomy is a minimally invasive neurosurgery treatment requiring only small incisions in the skin, and is quite common for patients with severe chronic back pain.
- Pituitary tumor surgery
- Spinal nerve decompression: In this neuro surgery in India, the pressure on the nerve caused by a neuroma is released by making tunnels around it. This helps the nerve to start working normally again.
- Spinal fusion: There are various types of Spinal fusion including lumbar spinal fusion, cervical spinal fusion and the main aim of the treatment is to reduce the pain caused by the joints.
- Trigeminal neuralgia surgery is performed to cure disorder of a trigeminal nerve at the side of the head.
With world renowned neurosurgeons, best in-class medical amenities complemented by cutting-edge technology, the best neurosurgery hospitals work hard to give patients best possible treatment and one that fits into their budget.
Any neural disorder requires accurate diagnosis which is followed up with a personalized treatment plan and no one does it better than Indian doctors who are considered the most trustworthy across the world. Indian medical centres have the latest equipment, and extremely strong support teams to ensure patients leave the hospital in a healthy state.
Neurosurgery is one of the most complex and rigorous medical procedures that requires a lot of precision and experience. Thus the cost of different neurosurgeries varies as per individual case, but it still fits in most patients’ budget and comes out quite cheap in comparison to western countries.